Friday, November 11, 2016

St. Maarten 2016

In The Nederlands we celebrate 
It is a children's  thing in the evening.
When it is dark they come round the houses
with their paper lantern and sing a song in
exchange for candy. You find all the background
information here. So i made this card:
Of course this card is also for the color challenge
on day 11 of  The Daily Marker.

Here some background information
about how I made the card:
I colored the background paper with red, orange and
brown distress ink. When done I sprinkled some
water drops on the paper. Yes it is Autumn and
wind and rain is very often during these evenings.
Tonight we are lucky: cold but dry.
Next I took this leaves embossing folder and
ran this background paper through the big shot.
Because the children come round to sing their songs
I added a piece of Tim Holtz musical tissue paper.
This image is a color page for children that I downloaded
and  colored with pencil. Then scanned and made to
the size I could use for my card.  The paper lanterns
where added on.

And here you see how I made them. First you punch
out a circle, then you run the circle through the crimper
and add some ink all around. With foam tape it
fastened them to the picture. Between te foam tape
and the lantern I added a piece of embroidery thread.

Inspired by pinterest I made these treaties for
the children who come by this evening.
Pillow box bats,
pillow box minions and mummy mandarins.
My grandson is having a wonderful evening!
He is singing the song with the text you see on the card:
Text typed and printed with the computer.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!






4 comments:

Tlc Creations said...

That is so cool. Thank you for sharing that. How fun.
Paulette

Capescrapper said...

Great background and card Hetty!!

Catchy Sketch said...

This card is very nice, lanterns turned out perfectly! And I love how you made all these Pillow box bats and mummy mandarins - so fun!

Laura said...

Love your card celebrating Saint Martin! THanks for the link so I could learn about the festival!! How fun that Owen is enjoying it! Love the color combo you used and how you embossed it after sponging the color! Way cool idea for your paper lanterns!!! Thanks for all the great ideas!!!