Tuesday, December 4, 2012

TH December tag 2

Here is my entry for the last two tags for 2012.
This challenge on the blog of Tim Holtz was
a lot of fun this year. I do hope Tim comes up
with another wonderful challenge for 2013.
These are my finished cards together.
As I do not celebrate Christmas, but Hanukkah
(secretly still hoping Tim will do some candles one day)
I made one card for Hanukkah and the other one
is for my sweetheart.
I only bought the small snowman, so this is
what i came up with using Tim's techniques.
The snowflakes are dies and I cut them out
of watercolorpaper (left over from the
snowmen) and colored them with distress stains.
In the heart each snowflake has a sticky gemstone.
Here my Hanukkah card.
Hanukkah starts on the 8th of December this year
and lasts for 8 days: each day we light a candle more.
He you might say: I see 9 candles! Yes, well one is the helper,
he is the one that lights all the candles every day.
More info about Hanukkah can be found HERE.

On the tag you see an image from
Create with TLC. The candles are colored white
with a picket fence distress marker.
The flames are colored with mustered seed and marigold
finished with a little drop of rock candy stickles.

 
On top of the big flower you see a dreidel and gelt.
This is a game we play during the festival of hanukkah.
Flower and dreidel are covered with rock candy stickles.
This image is also by Create with TLC.
 
Thank you Tim for a wonderful year
of inspiration!
 
 
Have a creative day!
 


2 comments:

Tlc Creations said...

Fabulous cards~! Always love to see your creations.
Paulette

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Very nice tags. Great to see something other than Christmas!