Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Club Scrap Delft Blog Hop and Coffeelovers day 6

Welcome to the monhly Club Scrap blog hop
in combination with the Coffeelovers Spring blog hop.
This month the Club Scrap kit is called Delft, so it has
the Dutch tiles as the theme of papers and stamps.

Hope you have arrived here from
and seen her great project for your inspiration.
If you want to see all the participants visit the

My project is a holder for my Nespresso coffee cups.
I made it out of the pizzabox the papers and stamps arrived in.

I cut out of the bottom a piece of 12 x 12 inch.
Next 4 pieces of 12 x 1 inch and
4 pieces of 12 x 0,5 inch.
The smallest strip is glued in the center of the 
1 inch strip.
Then I used the cups to make sure the strips
will be on the right place. Best to have two cups
(one for the left and one for the right side) to make
a staight line.
When everything is glued the complete project
is painted with gesso. I did this twice.
Now the stamps are inkted with blue sapphire ink
and with the crackle stamp I decorated the strips,
The tile I stamped at the bottom part and colored with the
same ink and a waterbrush and also used the crackle stamp.


Then I used the frame stamp to make the word coffee.
I used an old alphabeth set from Chocolat Shoppe to
stamp the letters inside the frame. They are cut out with
an oval die and a matching scallop die for the yellow paper.

The cups are cut with the cup die from Tim Holtz and after
inking all around I fastened the cups with yellow brads to
the background. You see 7 cups: one for each day of the week.
On top of my cupholder you find the same frame with my name.
I wrote this with the blue diamond pen that came with the kit.

Now i just needed to make some coffee cards too:
I made two totally Dutch themed cards for the hop.
As i live in The Netherlands I had to add the porcelain clogs
and the little windmill snowglobe for decoration.

For card #1 I used some ot Tim Hotlz dies
(the posteroid and the coffee cup). 
From a company called Amy Design I got
the Dutch word embossing folder that I colored
in the Dutch flag and they also carry the windmill
cutting die. The paper of this kit saus it all
and the stamp fits in perfectly.
I had one cup left from the capsule holder,
so it was perfect for this card. I just stamps the
clogs and colored it with markers.
Cutting one of the borders from the cut aparts
and beautiful paper, not much else was needed
for this card. Hope you all enjoy your coffee
while hoping along with us.

Now for more ideas you can hop on to 
and see what see has come up with.

Thank you for looking
and have a latte creative day!

27 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

You are very creative, and this really shows some great designing skills. I love it!

Donna said...

Your cards . And techniques are AMAZING!

~amy~ said...

Hetty, I just noticed that slothilda graphic...oh she's awesome.
WOW Check out your coffee holder...that's AMAZING.
LOVE your Dutch themed cards, the colors are glorious.

Shelly said...

Wow! These are all WONDERFUL!

Tricia Morris said...

What a clever way to upcycle a pizza box, Hetty! Brilliant idea!

Capescrapper said...

Hetty, I LOVE how you used the pizza box to make the storage for your pods.

This is wonderful!! And the cards are just as fabulous.

Patry Ro said...

Wonderful project!!

Annette said...

Tremendous. Saw the Nespresso holder on facebook this morning and knew I had to come visit your blog to see how you did it! Wonderful ideas - thanks Hetty.

Ink Stained Roni said...

Wow, that coffee holder is so cool! If I drank coffee I'd have to make one of those - it's just too stinkin' cute :)

Your cards are lovely and yes, this kit was made just for you! I love the addition of the little windmills on your coffee card. They are darling.

Pegster said...

Hi Hetty! Enjoyed reading through your blog today. Bet you were thrilled when the Delft was chosen (you may even be the one who suggested it)! Great ideas. Peg

Kay Williamson said...

Great cards of course Hetty! That coffee holder you constructed is over the top cool, very clever!!! Wow!

Tink said...

Love your creations!

Donna Nuce said...

Fabulous way to have a pretty display of your coffee pods! Thanks for the great idea Hetty!

New Creations said...

Love your talent and creativity Hetty! The idea is so clever and stunning, love this coffee holder!
Hugs

New Creations said...

Love your creativity and talent Hetty! Your cupboard holder idea is just stunning and so clever:)
Hugs

Melanie said...

So creative! Thanks for sharing!

Becca Yahrling said...

Hetty, your creativity knows no bounds. Always so genius and fun and beautiful.

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous projects Hetty - love how you use the stamps and images that reflect your Dutch heritage.
Blessings
Maxine

Arianna Barbara said...

OMG! I'm speechless!!! Your project is totally awesome and so cool!!
Your cards are really gorgeous too!!! I hope to visit very soon your breathless country!!! Tulips are one of my fav flowers!!!

Cheryl Walker said...

What a fun project! And nice way to store your coffee. Also beautiful card!!
Hugs
Cheryl

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Waht an amzing array of projects and so personal to you. I love each and every item.
Faith
x

Lisa D said...

That is hysterical Hetty! At first I laughed because I saw a pizza box (Julie) then continued to laugh when I saw the coffee holder. Very creative.

Verna Angerhofer said...

All are such wonderful projects.

D.Ann C said...

These are just fabulous, but your coffee cup shelf is over-the-top amazing!! It looks like a picture from the famous Biltmore Estate in North Carolina! Thanks for showing how you did it!

jen t. said...

Awesome!!!

Lilian said...

What an awesome project! Great cards, too!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

rettaescape said...

Great project and cards!