Sunday, September 3, 2017

Spotlight technique:Background Letters


Today I share with you a technique I have been seeing around
and quite like: Background Letters. I searched for a video
tutorial and here is one of many. I choose this technique as 
spotlight technique for September on the Michael Strong Yahoogroup.

Klick on the picture above to see a video I found
about this tutorial. There are many more.
Here a little more how I made my card with the new
Panda Silhouette stamp by Michael Strong.

I stamped first 2 panda's and coverd those with a post it
note where also panda's where stamped on. Then after stamping 
the 3rd panda and covering that one too, the bamboo stamp
image was stamped with oxide distress ink in peeled paint.

After removing the masks, the card looks like this.

Cutting part of the image and putting a piece of
black paper behing the cut out image.
The sentiment is added again with foam tape.

It is so much fun this technique, so I made another one.

I started the card with stamping the butterflies from
Michael Strong and embossing them in white embossing
poder. Next the word birthday (old stamp SU!) was stamped in black.
To color the panel I used 2 colors of colorburst and water.

After spraying the water it looks like this.

With Tim Holtz alphabet dies, I made the word happy
and taped them with washi tape to the card, so they
wouldn't move when cutting.

Now a black panel behind the colored background and 
adding both to the purple card.

And last the letters happy are being added with foam tape.

Hope you give this technique a try too.
The result is beautiful.

Thanks for looking
and have a creative day!



5 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Hetty, this is stunning. Your cards are gorgeous.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE the sentiment and the pandas are so cute. Great that you could duplicate it on others with wonderful results.
Faith
x

Laura said...

What a cool card, Hetty! Love how the spotlight background lettering shows the sentiment!! Thanks for sharing this cool technique on your beautiful card!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What stunning cards Hetty - love the butterfly one in particular - the emboss resist technique is wonderful, and the die cut greeting stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Rosie Guiher said...

Wow great cards. Love the butterfly one. I have some color burst so might give this one a try. Not sure about how to do the words yet tho.