Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Simon Says: Alcohol, Drinks or Inks

Inspired by the challenge on the 
I made two cards today

The challenge says:
Alcohol, Drinks or ink.


For my first card I used digital images from
She has some beautiful papers and designs
that are perfect to save on postage (even though
one day i would love some of her real stamps!)

I used the digital design paper for the background,
but the cup is colored with markers.
The front design of the heart image
is cut out of a piece of left over design paper
and layerd with foam tape to the other
punched out pieces.

My second card is real stamps.
For the background I  used a stencil and some 
gesso and colored it with distress ink.
The drinks are stamps by Tim Holtz
as well as the sentiment.

The drinks are colored with distress markers.
The flowers are premade from my stash.

Here a close up of the wonderful background.

Thank you for looking and 
have a creative day!



5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Hetty - I do love the background you created with the gesso and stencil - that is fabulous!
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are so beautiful Hetty, love your first one, I would recognise this beautiful card as one of your cards anywhere! the second is just awesome, the background is beautiful and so is the colour, the stamps and coloring of the images is wonderful.
Faith
x

Fikreta said...

so pretty!

Laura said...

Wonderful cards, Hetty! Love the colors and layouts! Thanks for the creative ideas!!!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an absolutely delightful duo of cards! I loved seeing each one of them and especially liked how they were both so different. The color palette on each is completely unique and each one is full of its own energy. Thank you for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!