Sunday, March 15, 2020

Toiletpaper and stamping


In these sad times of the corona virus 
and we all have to stay at home and have too much
T*O*I*L*E*T*P*A*P*E*R.
I was thinking wat can we do with all this toiletpaper.
There are quite a lot of techniques, but let's start with:
*PAPERCASTING*
oh yes, we used to do this way back, but I am here
to refresh your memory!

This is what you need:
spray water bottle
toilet paper: 8 sheets
versamark watermark
versafine black ink

How to start:
Firtst you take the versamark watermark
and cover all the stamp with it, before you add
the black ink. This is so you can take of the 
toilet paper more easy.
Now it is time for the toilet paper.
Lay down the first sheet and spray with water.
Use your fingers to ease the toilet paper in all the right spots.
Next sheet and again spray with water.
Use your fingerst etc until all 8 sheets are 
on the stamp.

Let this dry overnight.

The next day you can lift the toiletpaper from the stamp.
You see I used of course a coffee ring for the first
project. Now you can add some ink to the papercast.
Do it gently!

All stamps I used are by Club Scrap (also vintage).
First I stamped with the coffee ring on the background
and next I added the papercast ring, with glue and
a ribbon.

Here is the finished card.


Hope to see you again
tomorrow for my other card.

Thanks for looking
and have a creative day!





6 comments:

Fikreta said...

Oh thats great!
I never saw this techniq before!
I was wondereng why they need so much toilet paper.

Laura said...

What fun! I do remember toilet paper casting from Creative Stamping Friends! Love your coffee card!! Thanks so much!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Yes, I did this technique way back when. I am afraid I am one not hoarding the toilet paper so will just keep what I have for it's real intended purpose. Haha! But a great idea indeed.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Brilliant use of the T.roll Hetty, must try that after the panic buying is over LOL.

I had a laugh out loud at the Gollum with HIS precious.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Lagene said...

Yes, I remember this technique, I did it way back when I was on the Design Team for Mark's Finest Papers (which has closed)
Here is a link to the card I did using paper towels back in 2013
https://inkylageney.wordpress.com/2013/11/08/mfptt-chal-74-paper-towel-sculpting-with-stamps/
Just copy and paste into your search bar to see my post.

kiwimeskreations said...

I still have some (very cheap) toilet paper from using it in embossing folders - You have inspired me to use it. I remember this technique from when I first started papercrafting!
Love your resulting coffee card - it's wonderful.
Thanks for the giggle I got from your Gollum cartoon :) :) :)
Blessings
Maxine